Saturday, April 23, 2011

Productive Saturday and Happy Easter

Woke up this morning and started my day kinda slow because I thought I was supposed to go to work. Then I double checked the schedule and found that they had double booked me and another girl to do visitation. I called the other girl and she said that she was going in, they probably meant to schedule me next week and made a mistake since she is off NEXT WEEK! Well that was nice...I'm glad I don't have to work 15 days in a row!

So I got busy and made myself an amazing breakfast of apple cinnamon french toast. I used almond milk instead of regular milk and added some cardamom and cinnamon to the egg mix. The I chopped up an apple and cooked it in some butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Topped the french toast with the apple mixture and didn't even need to add syrup because it was delicious just like that!

Then I got busy cleaning the kitchen which needed it REALLY BAD! It looks so much better. I also managed to do about 8 loads of laundry today. The two house chores I hate more than anything are laundry and cleaning anything in the kitchen so I am feeling very accomplished right now :)

Matt n I also went to our favorite sushi place which is pretty much our Saturday lunch thing. I had a delicious seaweed salad and some Rose Maki Hand Rolls. This is probably my favorite thing to get there! The staff/owners are so nice. They always make excellent recommendations and frequently give us complimentary sake and seaweed salads. This will probably be what I will miss most about this town when I move. I wish I could take the restaurant and staff with me!!!

Then we went to wine world to pick up some wine and good beer. I got an excellent riesling and I'm really sorry but I forget the name of the winery. It is delicious...gulp....

Came home and did a few more house chores. Finally it cooled down enough to go on my run. This run was probably the highlight of my day! I did a few things different tonight. Of course I made sure I was well hydrated but an hour before I also took my multi-vitamin (forgot this morning) and downloaded some podcasts. Usually I listen to music but I thought I might as well use my running time to edumacate (my mom always says that) myself. I chose to leave my water belt at home and mapped out my run before hand instead of just seeing where I would end up. Since I was scheduled to run 7 miles, I took it pretty easy on my pace - which was a blessing. Seven miles is the farthest I have EVER ran in my 24.5 years. Every other training run I have gone on I have also walked a few times at various points. NOT TONIGHT! There was no walking...just easy running, paying attention to my breathing, and learning about abortion, dermatology, and marathon training. Such a pleasant run. I hope I have a lot more runs like this!

Then it was time to make dinner. I really wanted something like fettucinni alfredo but I have become very weary of pasta (even though i should be eating a lot of carbs now!) so I stuck a spaghetti squash I had in the microwave for about 12 mins. While that was cooking, I minced some garlic and chopped up an onion and sauteed that in some butter. Once the onions were softened I added a can of cream of mushroom soup and a cup of non-fat greek yogurt and stirred it in with some salt and pepper. Once the squash was done, I sliced it open, scooped out the seeds, and the scooped the squash into a bowl. I added the sauce mixture and OMG was this amazing! Pretty sure I will be enjoying this for another week since Princess won't eat spaghetti squash but I don't care at all since it is so delicious.

I'm a little disappointed in the Spurs tonight but I know my favorite basketball team is awesome at making comebacks and can def come back against the Grizzlies. GO SPURS GO!

But that's about it. I'm gonna get a little more wine and get to bed. Got to get up bright and early..not for church but to work a double shift at the psych hospital. Actually pretty excited about this. Good night and HAPPY EASTER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment