Saturday, April 2, 2011

April Fools

That last post I started writing earlier this week but waited to post until today because...I um forgot about it. Anyways the last couple days have been a treat (except today). Thursday evenings run was AMAZING. I did not want to stop at all but it was getting dark and I have yet to feel safe in this city during the day let alone at night. It just creeps me out and I've become a bit paranoid I guess.

April Fools Day – my supervisor got us good at work. One of my co-workers is leaving next week :( and she was training me on something she works on since I will be taking over. Anyways we were sitting at my cubicle and an email from my supervisor pops up so naturally I opened. It went something like this

“What the eff is this? How could you have messed this up?! The case type isn't even right!”

Below that were some emails from one of our attorneys and a client. The one from the client basically said that she had been waiting for me to get in touch with her but I hadn't blah blah blah and that she had called the bar and filed a complaint on our firm. This is one of my biggest fears when it comes to my job so boss lady really got me anxious. I was seriously about to have an anxiety attack and my co-worker was like, “Don't pass it off as an April Fools Joke, cuz what if its real! Just go talk to Justin when we finish, it'll be ok.” Thankfully, within minutes there were gasps throughout the office and other people were freaking out. She had sent the same email to everyone as a joke. Totally fabricated everything! The attorney was even in on it and was waiting for one of us to go in his office so he could 'yell' at us. Luckily we figured out it was a joke before someone went back there! It took me half the day to calm down after that one.

Last night we went to dinner at Carrabba's. I hadn't been to one since I lived in Texas so it was a nice treat. I couldn't remember what I used to order all the time so I got the Mezzaluna and added sun dried tomatoes...sooooo good. Princess had Manicotti and a side of sausage which the foodrunner forgot to bring out. The server came over and I felt so bad for her. She looked terrified that we were going to start yelling and not tip. Having been a server in this town, I know that this frequently happens (I used to go home and cry nearly every night) so it was the last thing either one of us was about to do. I tipped her a little extra so I hope her night got better.

Then it was off to Monica's to celebrate her 23rd birthday! She has the cutest apartment and I'm wayyyy jealous. A couple girls from work joined us and so did another of Monica's friends. There were many shots and many drinks. I am still feeling the effects as a I write this but it was definitely a great night and I'm glad I went. Hanging out with some girls was a nice change from all the guys from Matt's squadron we hang out with almost every weekend. I slept away my day and hangover today. I feel very guilty right now because I skipped my long run and literally slept til 7pm. I will do a long run tomorrow instead of a short one to make up for it. But for now, I hope everyone is having an excellent weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment