Monday, April 18, 2011

Did you....?

FILE YOUR 2010 TAXES?

I hope that everyone out there who had a filing requirement did! I have been waiting 4 months for today to come and am ever so thankful. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

In case no one knows, I am a member of Americorps Financial Support Services. Part of our mission/goal/grant whatever is to host a free tax preparation site for low income individuals and/or people with disabilities. I'm about 8 months in and now that tax season is "over," I am going to say that I hope the only 1040 I ever see again is my own. I know I will probably see a few more in the next few months but I guess I will have to get over it. I really enjoy working with people and a lot of the clients I get to work with are absolutely wonderful people - that is the BEST part of ANY job! The computer system we had to work with frequently made things difficult and the software certainly isn't the most user friendly.

But now we are going back to conducting financial education classes which I'm pretty excited for. I am going to spend Thursday planning a few classes so I'm totally stoked! I had a class last fall of GED students and really enjoyed teaching. I couldn't be a teacher as a career but having one class is pretty rewarding! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment