Sunday, June 5, 2011

Yes, I'm Still Alive.....Barely

I think its been a couple weeks since I posted. I'm such a terrible blogger! About a week and a half ago, Princess finished flight school here in FL. He got his wings Memorial Day Weekend - such a perfect weekend for that! His family was here for a few days so we had a great time entertaining them. We went shopping, showed them around base, ate so much food I put on about seven pounds, and of course we went to the beach. His family really is wonderful. Here is a pic from the ceremony. I can't believe I didn't cry!

Photobucket

Then I found out that he might be getting orders pretty quickly. Apparently, a guy that finished after him already got his and they were messed up. Princess was also told that he had to go to the next part of his training June 20 and report to his new squadron July 10. Because of the the length of time he has, there isn't time to move in between so he was going to attempt to move before....so I quit all of my jobs. Wonderful right? And guess what? Still don't have official orders! This is a prime reason why one should never ever listen to what anyone tells you unless you have it in official writing. Now I'm unemployed and its looking like they are going to make Princess stick around down here. Oh well, it would have looked worse if I left my job without notice.

This weekend, by best friend was down here. We had a lot of fun. Almost too much, if there was such a thing! Took her to the piano bar Thursday night which was a blast. Friday we spent the day at the beach and for dinner we took her to our favorite sushi restaurant. She has never eaten sushi before so we made her try some along with a seaweed salad. She wasn't much of a fan. But at least she liked the drink I suggested:

Photobucket

Its called a Geisha and don't ask me what's in it. You would think I would know by now since I have been ordering them for two years but all I can tell you is Sake and Blue Curacao. Delish.

After dinner we went out to one of the beach bars for another crazy night. That eventually resulted in a cab ride downtown to pick up one of Princess's friends at 2am. Don't ask me why. I swear it was a terrible idea. Went back to our place for after hours that turned into after minutes because Princess and I went to bed right away.

Got up the next morning and we spent the day on the river. It was a great time, but I'm glad its over and I have my home to myself. I'm tired and super cranky. I def drank and ate way too much today. And yes, I will be going to bed at 9pm tonight. I sure hope what my professors taught be about making up sleep is wrong and what I heard on a podcast is right cuz I need to make up for a lot of lost sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment