Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Cross-country Adventure

Last time I wrote I mentioned that I would moving back to Iowa over the next few days. My portion of the move was successful. We visited with my parents for a day and they agreed to watch Apollo so I could travel out to Washington state with Princess.

We spent the last two evenings with his family. Yesterday we spent the majority of the day at the Omaha Zoo with his parents. Having been to the San Diego and St. Louis zoos, I didn't believe what Princess had been telling me for two year - that the Omaha Zoo was the best in the country. Now I must admit, after yesterday, I do believe that it definitely ranks right up there. Many of the animals are able to be seen rather than hiding in the shade away from the crowds. Since I LOVE large cats, particularly lions, I was very impressed with the cat exhibit. Most zoos I have been to have a very small exhibit, but this one was exceptional. The had a couple jaguars, about ten tigers, and I counted four lions. There were also other cats, such as pumas and bobcats.

They also had a large monkey and gorilla exhibit. I also live gorillas and shocked to see that they had about ten of them. The zoo was also the first successfully to produce a "test tube" gorilla. I didn't get to see him but he is still kept in Omaha.

Last nights dinner was Korean food at a place called "Maru." Princess and I both love Korean food and since the only Korean restaurant we knew of in Pcola closed, we have been craving it. Maru was fabulous! We all ordered bimibap which is definitely a favorite of ours. Princess's parents even loved it.

Today, we are back on the road and I am blogging from my phone in BFE Nebraska. To make the drive more exciting we are going to go through the badlands and black hills. I will try to take pics but probably won't be able to post them until much later. Anyways, time for me to play navigator. Hope everyone is having a fab week!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment