Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Oh Iowaaaaa

Well, I am finally back in Iowa. I actually have been since Saturday at midnight. It seemed like I didn't even get a weekend really. I have some job thoughts that I would love to talk about but my head will probably end up on a platter at our family Thanksgiving.

I have begun the what seems to be endless (when you start) search of looking for jobs. I'm kind of in a bind because I cannot move into the place I will be living in while I'm in school until August. As mentioned, I will be staying with my parents for a couple months. I would love to work now but so many places will not hire someone who is basically seasonal - and I don't want to detassle. Detassling is TORTURE. Today I probably filled out 5 online applications and put a few resumes in the mail. I also went to a restaurant I worked at a few years ago and dropped off a resume. I'm really hoping they will hire me one again because that place is what I like to call a gold mine as far as serving goes.

I also went on my first run in like 3 weeks today. It wasn't too bad but what started out easy soon turned into more of a HIIT workout. I started going hard because it poured on me. And then in quit raining so I slowed down. And then it poured again. This cycle continued for the majority of my run. Still felt great :)

Here are a couple photos from our drive:

Badlands, SD

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pretty town, WA - I really don't remember what this place was called but would love to return:

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm off to check the Iowa job board for more of today's postings. Wish me luck because I certainly need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment