Sunday, March 27, 2011

Weekend recap

Wow this weekend has been a long one. I wish it could keep going! Friday evening Princess and I met up with a buddy of his and saw the new movie Sucker Punch. I was not very impressed. The plot - if there was one - was terrible. Maybe its more of a guy movie but I'm not into human trafficking meets Lord of the Rings meets Girl Interrupted. It was just ridiculous. This young girl gets sent to inpatient psychiatric rehabilitation and soon finds herself being forced to dance and perform favors. You never actually see her dance though because then she goes into a visionary state where she's and some girls are fighting dragons and flying airplanes. After the movie we were all ready for a beer so we hit up this bar called Wisteria.

Photobucket

They have so many different kinds of beers, I would say over a hundred and its in what appears to be a trailer. They have Blue Point Blueberry Ale which I absolutely love and recommend to anyone. Princess found himself a $12 beer that he seemed to enjoy. Please excuse his buddy's sign language. He was apparently a little jealous.

Photobucket

Yesterday I ran some errands and took a trip to Target. I planned to go for a one hour run after my trip so just for the heck of it I ventured over to the sporting goods section and they had a New Balance Hydration belt! When I run I constantly feel thirsty, so I went ahead and bought one. It also has a SMALL pocket for keys/phone/etc which I found handy since I have been having difficulty finding running shorts with pockets at a reasonable price. I can only fit my phone in it but it helped.

Then I went on my one-hour run in a neighborhood I normally don't run in. I was hoping to find some hills but didn't have much success. It was about 80 degrees so I was so happy to have my hydration belt! I ran for a half hour and ran out of water...luckily I had an extra bottle of water in my car so I went back and refilled. I only ran about 4.5 miles since I did quite a bit of walking but hey, at least I got out there. I felt pretty good for the rest of the day!

Last night we went out to the beach for my coworkers' birthday celebration. Fly By Radio was playing, and while I had heard good things about them I wasn't expecting a cover band to be as good as they were. They did everything thing from Aretha Franklin to Metallica - very well! My friend Kristy developed a little crush on the guitarist

Photobucket

Not a very good picture (I had too much to drink & I took this right before we left) but he was def good looking. They called all the birthday people on stage but I'm not going to post those pictures. Someone might get mad at me ;) Anyways I'm definitely feeling the aftermath today. I still went on my run but it was rough. It was only 25 minutes but it felt like an hour. I had mild shin splints and some ankle pain the whole time but I did my best. I'm glad tomorrow is a rest day cuz I'm hurting.

Today I took Apollo to the groomers for the first time. He really needs a hair cut but they were unable to do it because he wouldn't sit still so they just did a trim around his face and feet. He looks sooooo much better. You can actually see his eyes now.

Photobucket

But anyways thats about it for now. I'm just spending my Sunday relaxing on the couch :)

No comments:

Post a Comment