Friday, July 1, 2011

Have a Safe Holiday Weekend!

Today starts the beginning of my favorite holiday of the year.  Growing up in Clear Lake during the summers made this an easy one for me.  There’s something I love about being on the water and the heat.  I love going to Farmer’s Beach – just listen to Craig Morgan’s “Redneck Yacht Club” and that will pretty much sum it up.

I have loved that song since the day it came out.  It doesn’t fail to bring a smile to my face – mostly because of all the memories it triggers.  My other favorite part about the 4th of July weekend is the BBQs, beer, friends, and family of course!  Many people from the area come to Clear Lake for the annual carnival and what I believe to be the best fireworks in the Midwest. 

Unfortunately, I will be missing the biggest Farmer’s Beach party of the year, as well as my friend’s annual “Gurge Party” because I am going to be here:

PhotobucketSource

I have to get up bright and early tomorrow and drive to Princess’s parents’ house in Omaha and they are going to take me to the airport.  It’s a three hour drive but the ticket was cheapest out of there and I won’t have to pay for airport parking.  I guess it’s a win – no matter what my mother says.

I’m excited to see the Princess.  He flies into Seattle from San Diego about 20 minutes before me.  He just finished a military training this week so he will probably be super skinny, not that he isn’t already.  Anyways, I hope everyone has a FABULOUS holiday.  Be safe – don’t drink and drive and PLEASE don’t swim in unauthorized areas.  This happened here yesterday – so please be reminded.

Divers Find Body of Drowning Victim

No comments:

Post a Comment