Tuesday, July 12, 2011

OP Uh Ohs…

Working at the OP is going to be a big challenge for me. After all, that place played a large part in me going from 108 lbs to 140 four years ago. So did all the beer drinking, but if you saw the food at this place you would understand.  I think they put crack in it.

I wanted EVERYTHING that came out of the kitchen last night. From onion rings to chicken alfredo pizza to a greasy, breaded tenderloin. It doesn't help that I am working in one of my favorite restaurants that really only has carb and fat loaded foods. Even the salads are loaded with fatty sauces.  My favorite is the Sante Fe Chicken Salad and I terrified to figure out any of that nutritional information. Luckily, the owner made 3 rib-eyes for 8 girls to share. About 5 oz of  rib-eye is better than bread stix and beer cheese right? The rib-eyes also came with some of his amazing potatoes that were covered in a sour cream sauce. I had a few bites but did my best not to overdo it! Since I didn't eat much throughout the day, I had a FEW calories to spare.

I was also craving a shirley temple last night. This might have been because that’s what I ALWAYS drank when I worked there 4 years ago – if I wasn’t drinking “vanilla cokes,” as we called them. I don't know why I wanted it so bad - I hardly ever drink soda anymore, particularly shirley temples! After trying to fight the craving for about 3 hours, I poured myself about 8 ounces and added A LITTLE bit of grenadine. That satisfied me and I was happy with drinking water the rest of the evening!


The last couple days I have been tracking my food intake on Spark People.  After a few days, I am realizing that I really haven’t been being honest with myself.  I am not eating as well as I thought for damn sure.  My fat intake is out of this world.  My carb intake is within range and my protein intake is pretty low. I’m pretty upside down on the food pyramid lol.

It is going to be a lot more difficult to meet protein requirements than I thought. I originally thought that I didn't have a problem getting enough protein because I always crave meat, not sweets. I love me a good, rare steak (don’t care what cut it is!) or grilled chicken…or any meat grilled actually. After all I'm a meat and potatoes kind of girl from growing up in Iowa! This is gonna be something I have to work hard at! Today I'm going to go buy some eggs and some more chicken so hopefully that will help me out a bit. I also have a little bit of designer whey left so I will have a small shake after my leg workout today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment