Friday, July 8, 2011

7/7/11

 

I am still in Washington!  I love it here during the day.  At night…not so much.  It gets sooooo cold.  But the days are absolutely gorgeous!  And I thought it rained here?  So far it has rained like once.  Awesome for me, I guess.

Yesterday, Princess and I took a little drive over to deception pass.  We didn’t do any major hiking or anything because It was already 3pm when we got there and we wanted to hit up the farmers market that started at 4. 

We found a trail that look like it didn’t get walked all that much and decided to follow it around the little island between the bridges.  It was so gorgeous – def recommend to anyone coming to this area.

Photobucket

There is also a state park that you can go through but we chose not to since we were time limited and they charge $10 per person.

We ended up making it to the farmers market and it was so worth it.  I wanted something from every vendor!  We actually ended up buying some dill cheese  (which I cannot wait to snack on this evening), toasted almonds, a bread braid for the Princess, and some AWESOME sweet and hot mustard from a retired Navy guy.  Apparently this mustard won the gold medal at some mustard contest. He recommended trying it with some sweet potato fries…I can’t wait! Check out Aldrich Farms – they also have syrups, jellies, etc.  Soooo delicious and at a reasonable price.

After that, we went out for some Korean food with friends.  Princess and I LOVE Korean food, particularly Bimibap.  Though it wasn’t the best, it was delicious and worth the drive.  The couple with us got the Arirang special.  It was a beef dish that was cooked on a grill at the table.  I looked for a pic of it because I didn’t take any but can’t seem to find one that looked remotely like what they had.  It was a type of grill that you added water to in order to cook the meat.  Eventually, they found that if they left the meat to cook long enough in the water, it would caramelize into a bbq-like sauce.  I tried one piece and it was soooooo delicious. Princess and I are going to go back sometime, just for that!

Anyways, I’m off to do a long run today since I will be traveling Sunday.  Laterrrrrr

No comments:

Post a Comment