Saturday, June 25, 2011

Productive Day :)

Yesterday was fairly productive. I spent the majority of the day at Cheslea Creek, which provides rehabilitation services such as speech therapy, physical therapy and occupational therapy. I observed two different occupational therapists and they were so kind! I can't discuss much because of HIPAA laws (why is HIPAA involved in everything I want to do?!). However, I did discover that I really might enjoy working with children! See, I have never been one of those that enjoyed children. I'm an only child and I didn't babysit when I was younger. The one time I did was a disaster and I never wanted to again. I've never really wanted children of my own either. I've always been one of those that is content with someone else's for about an hour and then I'm over it. I think I'd be most happy with a dog the rest of my life.

Photobucket

Gosh I love my lil baby, I don't think I need children! But maybe that will change. I'm open to it. But like I was saying, I observed a number of sessions with some children who had various difficulties to overcome. It was soooo awesome to see how sweet they were and they had much more positive attitudes, as well as that willingness to learn! I LOVED IT!!! I go back on Monday, but I will be working with adults in an acute care/skilled nursing unit. Friday really made me realize that this is something I definitely want to do and I'm glad I am on track now!

Last night, we spent some time out at my parents new property. Mom has planted a garden which I am ecstatic about. She wants to do everything as organic as possible so there are no fertilizers, weed killers, or pesticides. I spent a couple hours pulling weeds and then planted some kale (yummyyyyy) and radishes. The scallions she planted earlier this spring are already ready - she pulled one up and it was def ready to be eaten. And we did eat some of them for dinner - soooo good.

Today I've been lazy for the most part anyways. I did get up and do Jillian Michaels' "30 Day Shred" video and then went for a 3 mile run. It felt soooo good! I came home to find this:

Photobucket

Mom was outside so of course they had to watch her like a hawk. The other two pups are my moms, Cassie and Rocky and they are both yorkshire terriers. Love them all but Apollo is still my favorite :) Anyways, the auntie just called and asked me to walk over and help her make some ceviche - one of my favorite things to make :)

No comments:

Post a Comment