Monday, April 4, 2011

On the road again...

To being blonde! I feel so much more confident as a blonde, I don't know why, but I just do. It probably has something to do with the amount of comments I get every time I go back to blonde.

It has definitely been one of those days that I really hate my body and not because of how I look! I made it through 2.5 hours of work today and decided it was time to come home. Clients were telling me I looked ill and my boss said I looked “pale.” It was only cramps but I'll take the day off ;) I had to grab a few things at Target and since I've been considering going back to blonde I grabbed a highlighting kit. I was hoping Princess would have finished his simulator by noon but when he wasn't home I started pulling my hair through the cap myself. It was pretty easy until I got to the back and Princess still wasn't home. I found myself sitting in front of the huge mirrors that are my closet doors with a very small hand mirror in one hand and the needle in the other.

Photobucket

The process took me another hour. Thankfully, I have short hair in the back and didn't want to pull much through. Otherwise it might look a little funny. For a home job, I'm very happy with the results. I almost feel 17 again. I posted this pic on FB and had to laugh at the initial comments/'likes' I got since they were all from guys I had “dated” in the past.

Photobucket

Eventually I want to be blond again but that will take some time. This is me and my cousin, Jordan, on my 21st birthday, nearly four years ago.

Photobucket

Hopefully I will also be down to that size by August, maybe smaller. :P Since I was having some abdominal pain, I decided to torture myself with Jillian Michaels's yoga video. Having only done yoga a couple time I'm not that experienced. However I did not care too much for the video. It made me sweat but it was nothing like the classes I had been to.

I haven't had a cigarette since Friday night!!! Yay! I am going to try to stick with this. I frequently hear that when people quit smoking, the first 3 days are the hardest. So today was day 3 for me and it hasn't been too bad, especially since I don't have any. Tomorrow will be the challenge though, since I will be at work and soooo many people smoke they are constantly going in and out. It makes a nice break. Goal is to take that break and not smoke!!! I really want to keep this going since its such a terrible unhealthy habit. I mean, I've already lost 3 grandparents to lung cancer. My dad wasn't a smoker but I'm still at risk for heart disease now so I really need to be taking care of myself!

Anyways, its time to get some zzzz's!

No comments:

Post a Comment